Author Topic: The song "What is Love"  (Read 2341 times)

Olivia

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Heaven Earth Humanity in Harmony
    • View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong
Wish you well-being and happiness!

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
Re: The song "What is Love"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:14:32 PM »
It seems we all have our days of being "stirred."  For me, at those times, it is as though I have forgotten how much I am loved by the universe and some of the people in that universe.  I think we are loved by people we barely even know.  I know I continue to love relatives who are no longer in physical bodies.  Perhaps it is not too out of the question to imagine them continuing to love us.  We create our own reality and that reality in turn recreates us.  The cycle goes on.  Ultimately we are deep within the universe, and yet somehow we co-create universe.  Love is one of the mysterious forces in nature; we experience it usually as an emotion, but mystics have always said that it is much more than that.  It is often associated directly with the experience of the divine.  They say when we see divinity in everyone and everything then we cannot help but feel connected by love.  At that moment we realize that the reality of love transcends worldly ways.  Master Ou expresses that through his music, healing, and teaching, and most especially as a father for his daughter.
Qifully, George

Beautifulice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »
I love Mr. Ou's songs and "What is love" is also my most favorite song.  It answers all my questions regarding love.  

In the past, I had very vague understanding regarding what is love.  I don't know whether I love a person and how I should contribute my love to others.  I complained a lot that my parents or boyfriends didn't love me as much as I deserved; I complained that I loved my friends more than they loved me; etc.  All of above exactly showed that I didn't know what is love, because Mr. Ou's song clearly states that "Love is respect and devotion".  As I haven't learned to give, I certainly haven't had the qualification to receive other's love.  Since Mr. Ou explains what is love in details in the song, I can use each sentence to measure my own actions and calm down myself easily whenever I feel sad, angry, frustrated, lonely, and hopeless.  Every time I listen to this song, I feel I have no more complaints and thereafter I feel that I am happy, wealthy, and full of love.  Once in a while, I do have very bad times.  When I listen to this song a few times, my bad feelings are dissolved and my good feelings are back. 

Nows a day, my understanding towards love is broader because I learn a lot from "What is Love".  I try to conduct myself according to this song and be less narrow-minded.  I find that I become a bit more generous to others in terms of time, money and benefits.  I hope that I will have more improvement in the near future and truly grasp love.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:01:19 PM by Beautifulice »
Beautifulice

Beautifulice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »
The song "What is Love" was composed and sang by Master Ou Wen Wei. 
You may see the English translation in the link http://www.oumelody.com/english/songs/aishishenme.html
You may also listen to the song's clip there if you like.  And of course, the best way to enjoy the song is to buy a copy of Master Ou's album and play it.
Beautifulice