Author Topic: The Non Moving Form  (Read 2790 times)

Jordan

• View Profile
The Non Moving Form
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:20:50 PM »
Thank you all for your feedback and responses to my previous posts!  ;D

I am going to learn the non moving form this upcoming week, and I have a question for teachers and practitioners of the non moving form:

In the non moving form, do we open and run the microcosmic orbit?

I am asking, because before Pangu I was introduced to Taoist qigong and qigong taught by another Grandmaster of the Year at the World Qigong Congress: Wong Kiew Kit. In both the key to true spiritual growth and energy development is within opening and running the microcosmic orbit. And within yoga, it is opening the chakras. That is why I ask.

Thanks.
Live, Laugh, Love,
Jordan Siegel

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
Re: The Non Moving Form
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:35:06 AM »
Hello Jordan.  Congratulations on learning the non-moving form.  You will discover the non-moving form of PanGu Shengong to be unlike the microcosmic orbit.  It would be best not to interchange or mix them, even if you could.  As with most of the PanGu forms, more is done in an automatic way than with conscious attention on chakras or energy meridians that is found in other qigongs. My only advice would be to try and do the forms regularly.
Qifully, George

Jiegang

• View Profile
Re: The Non Moving Form
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 12:52:23 AM »
Qi Gong has a long history in China and was getting very popular in the seventies and nineties. Many of the PGSG students are converted from other types of Qi Gong and I am one of them.

From my experience, all other types of Qi Gong that I know of use the following three approaches to achieve their effectiveness: Adjusting the body position so one’s Qi (energy) and blood can be flown properly; taking deep breaths so one’s mind can be concentrated properly and nursing the mind to achieve one’s greatest potentials.  There is nothing wrong doing these apart from some dangers from doing the third step without proper tutoring and a good theory to back it up.  Many Qi Gong practitioners went ‘bananas’ (went in to the state of Qi Gong psychosis) in doing the third step.  Also both the second and the third steps heavily reply on one’s concentration which come with certain restrictions and could cause side effects to the practitioners.

Again, from my limited understanding of PGSG, there are at lease three aspects that differentiate PGSG with the others;
   1)PGSG is based on the profound Pan Gu theory – books, articles written by Master Ou
   2)PGSG is a discipline that Master Ou originated through many years of Qigong study, extremely agonizing tempering, and through negotiation with a kind of supernatural power. He did this according to the characteristics of the physiological structure of the human body and the relationship between man and the Universe. (Resource from http://www.pangu.org/english/pgsg.html)
   3)PGSG puts ones’ moral standard ahead of everything else – it’s password to absorb energy from the universe is: “Take kindness and benevolence as basis.  Take frankness and friendliness to heart”

I would say that PGSG is a type of simple, effective and magical Qi Gong,  so as George said, just relax and try to do the forms regularly. I am sure you will get the fruit out from it very soon.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:54:57 AM by Jiegang »