Author Topic: Anger  (Read 1268 times)

acuhenry

• View Profile
Anger
« on: September 02, 2010, 08:10:40 PM »
in Chinese medicine, Anger is one of the worst emotional toxins in the body.  Anger is associated with the wood phase, and so is the liver.  The virtuous behavior of the liver is Ren 仁, benevolence or compassion.  When we practice, the real Qigong is the development of benevolence, the compassionate heart.  The reason this brings health is that benevolence/compassion develops liver/wood, which is the spring, the birth of all life.  It dissolves anger, and anger is what cuts off spring (i.e. it cuts off life itself).  Back to Confucius:

人不知而不慍,不亦君子乎。Others do not understand, and yet he feels no anger. Is this indeed not a perfected sage? (Analects, Book 1)

Henry
Dr. Henry McCann

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Re: Anger
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:41:11 PM »
What you said is very true to me.  "Ren 仁" is definitely the highest state.  Thank you for sharing.
Let's do more Pan Gu Shengong practices (six practices so far) to better develop our kindness and benevolence.  ;)
"Have more love, less hate!"---http://www.pangu.org/english/songs/lyrics/whatispassion.html
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:44:08 PM by Beautifulice »
Beautifulice

Michael

• View Profile
Re: Anger
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:24:30 PM »
One of the reasons I was curious about PGSG was to try to find a way to reduce my tendency to anger, which PGSG practice gradually did. Two years after learning PGSG, a good Chinese Medicine doctor suggested a simple treatment to two points on the Liver meridian in order to reduce anger by releasing stagnant Liver qi.  Using the qi healing skill, I repeat the treatment on myself once or twice a year.  Don't think it's really needed now, but it only takes a few minutes.

My Chinese Medicine doctor explained to me that depression is the polar opposite to anger, resulting in a roller coaster ride upward on anger and downward on depression.  I had certainly experienced this before learning PGSG, but when I used the treatment to release anger from my Liver meridian, it became clear that qi does literally stagnate within an organ-energy system like the liver & gall bladder, and there are clear symptoms when it is released.

Practicing the qi healing skill has consistently helped me understand the theory of qigong and made the old Chinese addages Henry quoted  more meaningful.