Author Topic: “Pan Gu Mystical Qigong” outlines all the most important philosophy view points  (Read 6430 times)

Olivia

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Heaven Earth Humanity in Harmony
    • View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong
“Pan Gu Mystical Qigong” is the text book for the moving form of PanGu ShenGong. It elaborates how to do the moving form exercise and explain the fundamental theory of the practice. More importantly, it outlines all the most important philosophy view points of the entire PanGu theory system.

They are:
1.   The maxim “Take kindness and benevolence as basis. Take frankness and friendliness to heart. Speak with reason, treat with courtesy, act with emotion, accomplish result.”
2.   “Harmony of Heaven, Earth, and Humanity”. It suggests that relationships among all things in the universe, including relationships between human and human, human and matter, and matter and matter, are “coexisting relatively, tolerating each other then becoming stable, being harmonious then resonant.”
3.   “Turn mystery into reality and transform complexity into simplicity.”
4.   Qigong is a special knowledge possessing characteristics of both matter and spirit.
5.   The two basic principles of curing sickness through PanGu ShenGong.
6.   “Practice is the basis, comprehension is a shortcut”.
7.   “To seek something, yet not to beg or demand it; seek nothing, yet seek everything; eventually you can achieve whatever you seek.”
(quoted from the book “Pan Gu Mystical Qigong”)

Every point above would need a book to be explained through. I would like to share my shallow understanding about these principles one by one on this forum. I would appreciate it a lot if you would like to join my discussion.
Wish you well-being and happiness!

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Hi Olivia,

Thank you for pointing out the most important philosophy view points of the entire PanGu theory system.  I instantly feel everything is clicking and  I can relate more to the practice, master Ou's teaching, his songs and his way of conducting himself. 
I would definitely like to join your discussion and learn more from it.

Beautifulice
Beautifulice

Jason

• View Profile
Hello Olivia,

I would love to hear more about all of those topics.  Comprehension is the shortcut.

Jason

Olivia

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Heaven Earth Humanity in Harmony
    • View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong
Hi Jason,

Thank you for being interested in these topics! And, you read my mind--I'm going to talk about "practice is the basis, comprehension is a shortcut" first!  :D
Wish you well-being and happiness!

Brian F

• Practice, Participate, Share PGSG
    • View Profile
One of best parts about participating in the Pan Gu Community / Family:  Master Ou "Walks What He Talks" in turn holding space for the entire community to grow.  He is definitely one of the most ordinary men I have met   ;)

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Hi Brian,

I absolutely agree with what you said.  In the meanwhile, Master Ou is also the most extraordinary man I have met  :D.

Beautifulice
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:50:31 PM by Beautifulice »
Beautifulice

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
As philosophy, the Pan Gu Mysitcal Qigong practice embodies elements of thought that have appeared in different times and locations throughout history.  One of those schools is known as Taoism.  I am not en expert in Taoism, but have loved to read the Tao Te Ching since I was a teenager.  Here is one of the verses that provides some linkage to Pan Gu philosophy.  When Master Ou was in Bonita Springs this year I asked him about Lao Tzu.  His response was that it is "close" to what we are trying to accomplish.  He then repeated from memory the first lines of the Tao Te Ching:

The Tao that can be told is not the
eternal Tao.
The name that can be named is not the
eternal name.

Here is a verse that I like and find complementary to the fundamentals expresses in the Pan Gu password:

The highest good is like water.
Water gives life to the ten thousand
things and does not strive.
It flows in places men reject and so is
like the Tao.

In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be gentle and
kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In daily life, be competent.
In action, be aware of the time and the
season.
No fight: No blame.

I am sure you can see the wisdom in these lines and how living them would be very much in keeping with the practice of Pan Gu Shengong.  This is just one example of a profound parallel with Pan Gu philosophy.  I believe that there is this connection because the root of PanGu practice goes deeply into the past, and deeply into the reality of the universe, which it the same for all times and locations.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 07:20:43 PM by Saber »
Qifully, George

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Hello George,

Thank you for sharing your understanding of Pan Gu Mystical Qigong philosophy connecting with Tao Te Ching.  I learn something new here.  Actually I like to read your every post, which is inspirational, and look forward to reading it.

Best,
Beautifulice 
Beautifulice

Brian F

• Practice, Participate, Share PGSG
    • View Profile
I use the word "ordinary" in the most "extraordinary" manner.  Thanks for listening.  Brian

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Hi Brian,

I got it.  Thank you for your explanation. ;)

Beautifulice
Beautifulice

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Tao Te Ching praised water’s character which to contribute itself.  It indicated that people who had high moral character were like water and described their characteristics.  Master Ou also praised water’s characteristics of contribution in his song, “Asking Running Water”, and he made it easier to understand:
  “Running water said:
   I am running to the ocean at the end of the world,
   Running to great earth’s deep spaces,
   Letting everything be nourished,
   Letting life be full of spirit and vigor—"
   This is my ideal, my ideal;
   This is also my good fortune and happiness!"
"My ideal", "good fortune" and "happiness" exactly described water's noble character.

Master Ou took himself as an example to guide us to learn from water and devote ourselves:
  “Running water, running water,
   Thank you, thank you!
   Thanks for your true revelation,
   Your affection running into my heart,
   Your ideal entering my heart.
   I am willing, I am willing
   To devote my share of true passion and ideals
   And together, to be as spirited as you!”
(http://www.pangu.org/english/songs/lyrics/wenliushui.html)

I found Master Ou’s song is easy to understand and yet very touching.  “Asking Running Water” motivates me to try to be as good as water. 
Beautifulice

Karel

• View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong Czech website
Thanks everybody for explaining "running water". I appreciate a lot these words. Look at the pictures.

Mr. Ou spoke about running water little bit on this bridge in Juizhaigou.
Now I understand more why.
I have to re-read lirics of his songs more carefully.
Karel

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Great pictures!!!  The beautiful running water explains everything here.
Thank you so much for sharing.
 :D
Beautifulice

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
How were you able to upload the photos?  I have been trying to figure that out.  They are wonderful.
Qifully, George

Karel

• View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong Czech website
How were you able to upload the photos?  I have been trying to figure that out.  They are wonderful.
Hi, a picture has to be on some web site.
For example:
I have my pictures from China trip here:
http://www.taijizlin.cz/China2007/index.htm
I choose one of them, this is its address:
http://www.taijizlin.cz/China2007/Wushen/DSC03996.JPG
And then I click on icon "Insert Image" and put down the address between "img" and "/img"
Exactly like that:

Enjoy :-)