Author Topic: Ancient Ngahyin Chinese Chanting And Me (I) -- Beautifulice  (Read 1026 times)

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Ancient Ngahyin Chinese Chanting And Me (I) -- Beautifulice
« on: January 13, 2011, 11:46:16 PM »
When I was very young, I often heard, “After reading three hundred poems from the Tang Dynasty over and over again, until you become very familiar with them, even though you do not know how to chant poems in the ancient Ngahyin style, you might be able to steal some ideas to write a poem.”  Nevertheless, no one had ever clearly defined what ancient Ngahyin Chinese chanting was.  Thereafter, I had always been longing for the answer to this great mystery from deep in my heart.    

During the past two decades, in spite of my sincere close attention to my instructors in schools regarding teaching classical Chinese literature, and to the actors and actresses’ performances in classical Chinese dramas, I still found no answers to my confusion.  

Now, like the sounds of the evening drum and the morning bell, which awaken me; and like the sounds of nature, which sweetly nurture me; Master Ou’s “Ancient Ngahyin Chinese Chanting” suddenly opens my heart.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:58:04 AM by Beautifulice »
Beautifulice

Biyu

• View Profile
Re: Ancient Ngahyin Chanting And Me (I) -- Beautifulice
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 03:53:45 PM »
Hi Beautifulice

Thank you for your sharing!

Have you attended the Ancient Ngahyin Chinese Chanting event held on Jan 9, 2011? Could you please share some information to us?

Thank you in advance!

Beautifulice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 09:12:39 PM »
Hi Biyu,

You are welcome.   :D
I wish I could share some information, but I didn't attend the Ancient Ngahyin Chinese Chanting event held on Jan 9, 2011. 
I guess some of us attended the event would like to share here.   ;) 
Thank you!
Beautifulice

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 07:38:34 PM »
Hello Biyu and Jessica,
The event you speak of was held in Bonita Springs, Florida.  Every year Master Ou travels to Florida for healing and teaching.  Many people come from near and far to attend.  Fortunately I live close by and was able to attend.  Master Ou spoke about each of the chantings before he recited them.  He discussed the knowledge and the original authors as well as the correct form for the chanting.  Olivia had worked with different people to have them translated into English, so volunteers got up to read the English with much feeling.  Of course them main event was the appreciation of Master Ou´s energy held within each chanting.  

If you close your eyes and listen, the effect seems to be similar to the non-moving from.  Slowly the mind follows the sound back to its root, which is an experience of subtle awareness.  Sometimes there are images and sometimes people go to sleep, but it is a respectful sleep brought about by healing energy.  I don't think anybody fell asleep that evening. : )  

Knowing the translation is helpful, as it adds a dimension to the story being told.  I do not know which one is my favorite, but when the moon is full, as it is tonight, I do think of all the people I love and realize that although we may be seperate, our hearts are close; that feeling is universal. Could that feeling be from Pangu as well?  All the poems and chants have many levels of meaning.  As always, Master Ou is healing us and teaching us how to live a dignified life.  
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:47:55 PM by Saber »
Qifully, George

Biyu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:57:04 PM »
Hello George

Thank you for your detailed description! You showed us a vivid picture about that day.

It is lucky to have Master Ou to "discuss the knowledge and the original authors as well as the correct form for the chanting" by face to face. Even though Chinese is my native language, I am too not sure that I understand all the poems' meaning.

Just like you said, if we close eyes and listen, then we will feel the power from the Chanting. My recent experience was that I started listening the Chanting from standing and ended up with lying on the ground.  How powerful its automatic healing is!