Author Topic: Dreams do come true  (Read 2008 times)

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
Dreams do come true
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:54:19 AM »
Dreams do come true

We all have had the experience of having a dream, or many dreams, that have a special quality.  Scientists say that we dream many times in the night, but we remember few of them. However, sometimes we remember our dreams and feel that they have some message for us, obscure though it may be.  The message might be presented in the form of a respected person telling us something about the value of forgiveness.  Another category of dream is the one where a real solution to a problem appears.  Sometimes the solution is symbolically represented, as in the famous DNA formulation, or a more direct answer comes to us, for example we might suddenly remember a famous line from a favorite poet.  The point is that there is a range of dream experience almost as varied as normal waking experience.  We have dreams that we do not remember, dreams with solutions, dreams with a message, and dreams of inspiration.  However there is another category of dreams, those that manifest themselves in life.
     These dreams bridge the worlds of waking and the dreaming.  Upon close analysis one can make the observation that these two states of awareness, waking and dreaming, constantly influence each other, but it doesn’t end there.  All states of awareness influence each other.  For utility we can say there are a certain number of states of awareness, like a certain number of oceans, but each of them can be as varied as those distinct oceans.   In a way, oceans make a good metaphor for states of awareness, since they are ever changing and not really separate at all, but connected through vast deep currents and powerful winds.  All the forms of practice of Pangu Shengong play a major role in influencing the states of wakefulness and dreaming and even deep sleep.  Whether one practices the moving, non-moving, or condensed form, all bring the mind to a unique range of experiences which can be called meditative or spiritual. 
     In particular, the visualizations of the sun and moon are archetypical, they represent the source of life as we know it, they are rooted images in our human consciousness.  Beyond that, the visualizations during qigong actually bring the energies of these heavenly spheres into our living system.  We feel it as vital energy. Any review of spiritual art will reveal an abundance of images of the sun and moon.  Typically, when they are “together” a spiritual awakening is indicated.  A bit of a digression…
One afternoon, while practicing the non-moving form, I entered a dream state.  This isn’t too unusual for me.  During the non-moving form, more often than not I drift from sleep to dream to meditative states. One day, a few months ago, while in one of those dream states, I found myself standing in a dark forest at night.  Looking around, suddenly I was able to see some light through the tree branches.  Then with a parting of the branches, the full silver moon shown through as brilliant and beautiful as you can imagine.  In the dream I remember feeling like I had accomplished something, finally I thought, “I have made it through a non-moving form and this is what it means to see the moon inside my awareness.” Imagine my surprise when the image faded and some other state took over and I realized it to be a dream.
     Then last week, May 19, while at a conference in Miami, I woke up at about 3:00 in the morning.  I lay on the bed wondering why I was awake.  Lately I find that I do not need as much sleep as in the past, but waking up 3:00 am might be going too far. Vaguely I could see lights coming through drawn curtains and drawn eyes.   Yellow lights of cars moved and there were street lights.  A tall building nearby had a blue light, identifying it as a bank.  As I shut my eyes to try to go back to sleep, a small white light caught my attention.  Then it blinked.  Since I was awake, I thought I should at least look.  Outside the third floor window were some palm and fichus trees.  It was a windy and rainy night in Miami, which caused the tree branches to move.  Then it was clear, I remembered the dream.  I was looking at the same branches! For just a few minutes the clouds, branches and rain parted and there was the silver crescent moon.  At that hour it appeared as a smile, pointing towards the sun.  The site gave me such peace and joy to see that I can not describe.  All the other lights were pale and insignificant in comparison.  The moon brought peace directly to my heart.  Within a half hour all the angles changed; the moon gained altitude, the clouds returned with rain and the trees blocked the view.  I returned to bed and meditated and eventually fell back to sleep.
     I do not know why I awoke at that exact moment in the hotel room, but that was the only moment that I could have seen the moon and had this experience of peace and joy.  Why was this experience so similar to the dream of many months ago?   What definitive can be said of this experience?  I do not really have those answers, but it seems that since beginning the practice of Pangu Shengong these types of parallel experiences are more frequent. Visualizing the sun and moon in practice everyday has made me more aware of their presence in life as energy and spirit.  Perhaps we can say that some dreams are like guided meditations.   In legend, it is said that the sun and moon are the eyes of Pangu.  If legends are like dreams, then life may be a reflection of their story, sometimes remarkably so.

Qifully, George

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Re: Dreams do come true
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:58:20 PM »
Your dreams are very interesting to me.  What a great unique experience!  Sometimes my dreams do come true as well.  I agree that it seems since the beginning of the practice of Pan Gu Shengong these types of parallel experiences are more frequent.  I find that dreams can be some inspirational messages. 
Beautifulice