Author Topic: A new simple practice approach of Pan Gu Mystical Qigong to share  (Read 3573 times)

Raymond_Oh

• View Profile
Hi All,
I'd like to share with you a new approach to acquire more of PGSG's benefits.  The method is very simple: Elevate your body temperature while you are not practicing PGSG to acquire the benefits of PGSG in both higher quality and/or higher quantity.

How to work it:
1) Drink hot liquid, turn the room temperature higher, wear more clothes, or whichever way you feel comfortable to cause your body temperature to rise without excess activity.  Your body needs to be in a calm state.
2) Think about Pan Gu, Master Ou, PGSG inspiring stories, PGSG principle code "take kindness and benevolence as basis, to take frankness and friendliness to the heart", or whatever that comes to your mind relating to PGSG. Just connect yourself to PGSG mentally and your body should follow.
3) Continue to elevate your body temperature to a point that you feel physically uncomfortable.  
4) When the uncomforting feeling get too much, stop, relax and breath normally and resume whatever you were doing.
5) By the same token if you are giving a healing to someone, tell her/him to do the above four steps before you start.

Why this works (in theory):
1) Our body gets hotter when we are physically or emotionally active.  Physically active people in general are healthier than those who are less active.  On a different note: a fever happens when our body tries to rise its temperature to kill the germs in it.
2) Pan Gu Mystical Qigong is an exercise with the objective to collect and absorb the energy of the sun and moon and the essential Qi of the universe.  But it's not an activity that would compare to or gets results of a physical activity such as martial art or running.
3) The Qi we collected and absorbed via practicing the Pan Gu Mystical Qigong energizes the life force inside of us and helps us to heal our unhealthy body parts and to strengthen the healthy ones.
4) When our bodies' temperature rise, our life force becomes more active and thus the Pan Gu Qi we possess.  Our Qi will flow stronger and circulate our bodies more vigorously and as a result, it will trigger the powerful self-directed force associated with Pan Gu to work its magic in our bodies!
5) Because visualization is an important part of Pan Gu Mystical Qigong, we need to place ourselves in a mental state that connects with Pan Gu and the universe.

Pre-requisites:
1) You are a practitioner of Pan Gu Mystical Qigong.
2) You believe in Pan Gu and you respect Master Ou as your teacher and your healer.
3) You have been practicing Pan Gu Mystical Qigong regularly and thus there are sufficient quantity of Pan Gu Qi inside your body.
4) You have received Qi from Master Ou himself or a certified PGSG teacher that serves as the originator to your own.

Background of this exercise:
I have been a PGSG student since September of 2009.  I practice regularly.  I've met Master Ou and talked to him in three different occasions.  I am reading Path of Life and have read numerous of testimonies, and many articles in Flowers of Beauty and Kindness.  I understand Master Ou's book and his teachings.  I believe everything he says about Pan Gu, the universe, and the magical power of PGSG.  Either it was in one of the articles/testimonies I read or by listening to Master Ou - [I forgot exactly where I learned this information from ]- that there were these very senior PGSG students in China have achieved the continuous acquiring of PGSG's benefits without actually practicing the forms. This has intrigued me and I have kept it in the back of my mind.  This winter I have skipped many daily practices but still I felt like I have always practiced regularly.  And today it finally hit me: we've had a very cold winter and the heat indoor everywhere felt like a boiling oven wherever I went.  It has to be the constant elevated body temperature in me that had made this happened!

So there you have it. Remember this is an alternative way to utilize the Pan Gu Qi in our bodies. There's no substitution to regular practice and hard work.  I encourage you to try it and feedbacks are welcome!

Happy practicing!
Raymond Oh
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:03:18 AM by Raymond_Oh »
Happy practice to all!
Raymond Oh

Master Ou, PGSG, along with the book Path of Life, are full of timeless and grand wisdoms for us to learn and to practice.  We will be benefited for life even if we just take into ourselves a small fraction of them.

Pam

• View Profile
Re: A new simple practice approach of Pan Gu Mystical Qigong to share
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 03:31:22 PM »
Hi Raymond,
I am Very glad that you touched on this topic,It makes a lot of sense to me it just never occurred to me THE WHY.
I live in Florida when it's 50 degrees here it may as well be 20 degrees, I have lived here for about 25 years and just can't take the cold anymore.
I became a PGSG student in August 2010 when it was very hot, I get up every morning and have a cup of coffee and do a Practice, the Qi was very strong then it started to lessen (by our standards we had a cold winter also) I couldn't figure it out, I had increased my Practices I was reading a lot of Master Ou's Lectures, Listening to His Music, then one day it just Hit Me I WAS COLD. I couldn't focus I was to busy thinking about being cold.
So now I get up have a cup of coffee and CRANK the heat up do a Practice and everything is back to normal (well really better than normal)
I am so very Happy that we have this FORUM. The answers I get to questions I never thought to ask is amazing ( this being one of them.)

Thank You for Asking,
"Do one thing every day that makes you HAPPY!!!!"

Raymond_Oh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »
Hi Pam,
You're welcome!  As a loyal devotee of PGSG and someone who practices everyday - you must have way more than enough Pan Gu Qi inside you to help strengthen your body.  But anyhow I am glad I answered your question - in theory. 

My hope is that someday, as more and more people join this big family, there will be scientists who would put in the effort and time to figure out what is really in the Pan Gu Qi.  Look, we all know about and care about the shapeless, colorless, odorless, yet powerful radiations from the Japan nuclear reactors while most of us were never exposed to them. Each additional small discovery such as the one I posted above, will enable us to get closer to understanding PGSG in full.

Thanks for the feed back.
Happy practice to all!
Raymond Oh

Master Ou, PGSG, along with the book Path of Life, are full of timeless and grand wisdoms for us to learn and to practice.  We will be benefited for life even if we just take into ourselves a small fraction of them.

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 03:13:22 PM »
Hello Raymond,
I think we must clarify that while there are many practices to improve health, Master Ou does not advocate raising body temperature as a matter of general practice, it is not a part of the 5 practices.  Naturally, if a person is cold (yin dominate or yang deficient), particularly in the winter months, then some heat to make the person comfortable is a good recommendation, like drinking hot tea, but we generally do not consciously know what our body needs on a subtle level. 

In addition to a feeling of warmth, a feeling of coolness is often experienced during practice.  Master Ou indicates that such sensations of heat are related to the sun qi and sensations of coolness are related to moon qi.  I would hesitate to recommend, "Continue to elevate your body temperature to a point that you feel physically uncomfortable" in the context of healing.  This could in fact be counterproductive for some individuals. Although sweat therapy and saunas are known healing modalities, and very good generally for purifying the toxins from our bodies, there are individuals who need the cool yin energy more than heat for their healing.  Some qigong practices do use tumo breathing to raise body temperature; Tibetan monks are known to be able to stay outside in the winter and even to dry wet icy towels placed on their backs.  Again, not a part of the 5 practices!

I love bringing to mind the password, or some of Master Ou's songs or poetry, even the image of Pangu, particularly after the non-moving form, keeping the password close to the heart, literally thinking from the heart area, seems to change the world I see. 
Qifully, George

Raymond_Oh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 06:45:34 PM »
Hello George,
I appreciate you pointing out the flaws in my post above.  You are right - the recommendation I made is not one of Master Ou's 5 practices. In fact it is not even "a" practice. I made the mistake by using the word "practice" in the headline and it must had misled readers to think as such.  The title of the my post should had been: "A simple way for PGSG practitioners to activate their Pan Gu energy without practicing one of the forms".

Another flaw of my post is that it is too long.  It might have caused readers to skip some lines and jumped to certain conclusions that are otherwise different from my original intentions. I did, however, caution practitioners to "stop" when they started to feel uncomfortable during the process.  At the end I also said: "There's no substitution to regular practice and hard work. "  And lastly, I just can't imagine I would bring anyone any potential harm by telling them to drink hot water...   

And furthermore, the fact is, although we all know PGSG is good for us, we still don't know what is in its Qi and how exactly does it work in our bodies.  I am no expert in any Yin qi’s or Yang qi’s. I just thought my experiences in this winter seem to match the senior Chinese practitioners whom have accomplished the wonders of obtaining the benefit of PGSG without practicing daily. So I posted my idea in this thread hoping to share it with other like-minded practicitoners and get feedbacks.
Happy practice to all!
Raymond Oh

Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 04:07:26 PM »
Hello again Raymond,
I have to agree with you both, However I know for myself that when I'm cold I can't concentrate, The Qi is weak and I'm just in a hurry to get through the Practice. But after a hot cup of coffee and the heat is up the Qi is much stronger and I really enjoy the Practice. So I get what you mean. When I do a Practice outside and it's 90 degrees in the Sun it's awesome. Though you may have worded it wrong I'm glad you brought the subject up.

Thanks Again
"Do one thing every day that makes you HAPPY!!!!"

Jiegang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 01:55:01 AM »
I remember Master Ou mentioned something like the Sun is the biggest source of warmth for mankind, and the Moon is the biggest source of coolness. This theory enlightened me on my understanding of yin and yang when I first learnt PGSG. With Master’s teaching in mind, in my opinion, we can just think of the Sun for warm qi or think of the Moon for cool qi, and Five Practices is the best way to practice your body and mind.

Beautifulice

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »
Hello Raymond,

Thank you for your sharing.  I appreciate your effort of investigating this method and your enthusiasm of sharing it with all.  I would like to frankly tell you my opinion regarding your topic.  My only purpose is to guide readers to the right information.  Please don’t take it as offended.

Personally I believe “Elevate your body temperature while you are not practicing PGSG” is not a method and should not be a method “to acquire the benefits of PGSG in both higher quality and/or higher quantity.”  Master Ou taught us many good methods to maximize the benefits of practicing PGSG.  Please read Master Ou’s books, articles, and lectures for details.

“How to work it:
1) Drink hot liquid, turn the room temperature higher, wear more clothes, or whichever way you feel comfortable to cause your body temperature to rise without excess activity. Your body needs to be in a calm state.”

I think this action will never make a person be calm.  What is a true “calm state”?  What are the methods achieving a calm and peaceful mindset?  Please read more about Master Ou’s lectures and attend more sessions in the future. 

2) ‘Think about Pan Gu, Master Ou, PGSG inspiring stories, PGSG principle code "take kindness and benevolence as basis, to take frankness and friendliness to the heart", or whatever that comes to your mind relating to PGSG. Just connect yourself to PGSG mentally and your body should follow.’

To my understanding, this is a greedy way to obtain energy from this qigong practice because the practitioner does not pay his/her own effort to actually do the practice in order to get the energy from Pan Gu.  It might work in a short period of time because Pan Gu is so kind to us and gives us this great gift; however, in a long run, since the practitioner’s heart and soul remain in such a low level, the healing effect will not retain. 

I remember Master Ou said he taught us Pangu Shengong, which is a method for us to heal ourselves and save our own lives by doing the practice.  Many practitioners proved that as they healed themselves by simply paying their best efforts to gain their new lives. 
And now, we can do six practices to gain more great energy efficiently: practicing PGSG daily, studying PGSG theory, healing others using PGSG, guiding people to learn PGSG, following the maxim to conduct ourselves, and practicing music therapy. 

3) “Continue to elevate your body temperature to a point that you feel physically uncomfortable. ”

I think this may disturb your body function and waste your body energy.  It might even bring negative result to your body in a long run. 

4) “When the uncomforting feeling get too much, stop, relax and breath normally and resume whatever you were doing.”

This is totally unnecessary as PGSG automatically adjusts to your body needs and helps you absorb energy you need and heal you accordingly, as long as you spend your time in doing it for yourself.  PGSG is a very high-class, efficient, and powerful qigong technique. 
As Master Ou said, when we do the practice, to achieve the best result, we may try our best to maintain a calm and pleasant mindset.  He explained it really clearly in his lectures.

5) “By the same token if you are giving a healing to someone, tell her/him to do the above four steps before you start.”

I think this will mislead people who just get in touch with PGSG.  I am very much concerned. 
Beautifulice

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 01:09:32 AM »

Thank you Beautifulice reminding and clear explanation!

After reading all the feedbacks, that inspires me what Master Ou tells us:  Turn the complexity into simplicy!

Six Practice are the effective and great guidances:

practicing PGSG daily, studying PGSG theory, healing others using PGSG, guiding people to learn PGSG, following the maxim to conduct ourselves, and practicing music therapy. 
Be modest and humble