Author Topic: Spiritual Autobiography  (Read 4028 times)

Olivia

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Heaven Earth Humanity in Harmony
    • View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong
Spiritual Autobiography
« on: May 21, 2009, 10:50:13 PM »
Wish you well-being and happiness!

Jordan

• View Profile
Re: Spiritual Autobiography
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »
Great post! And thank you for sharing your stories with us! I am posting a personal "spiritual" experience I have had, and I put quotation marks around spiritual, because it is my experience that every moment is spiritual in nature. It is whether or not we choose to accept it and welcome it.

I was on a conference call with a gentleman by the name of Michael Bernard Beckwith. He was a featured speaker in the movies "The Secret" and "Living Luminaries", and is the spiritual leader and director of the Agape International Spiritual Center headquartered in Los Angeles, CA. Being aware of my spirituality for the first time, I asked him, "What one practice would you recommend individuals to perform everyday to release the gifts of their soul?" And I was so eager for his answer, as I expected him to convey an ancient and secret technique, coveted by a few. Instead he ushered one word, "Gratitude."

He stated that practicing Gratitude in one's life would help remove the veil that covers them from seeing their true nature, and that love, happiness, joy, harmony, etc. would be realized. At first I was taken back by his answer as I was looking for more of a step by step exercise, but I made the intention to live his words.

Daily I did and still do practice Gratitude exercises, but it has transformed into a way of life, rather than a routine performed at certain points in my day. During one of the exercises, Love flowed from my heart to every area of my body. Joy rained down on me. Intelligence radiated throughout my being. Harmony became my new essence. I was in a place of total Freedom!

My mind was completely silent, and my movement was entirely still; I was in a whole new world. I was glowing, and I knew that this was my natural state of being.

For years I always thought that my dream car (Mercedes Benz S550), my dream house (a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom Single Family Colonial), my dream income ($25,000 per month), my dream vacation (Atlantis in the Bahamas), my dream watch (Breitling), and I could go on and on and on; would be my true source of happiness. It was not until that moment, I realized that “true” happiness already lived inside of me. With every day, every week, every month and every year, I always looked and went exploring for “things” that would bring me happiness. I never found it. I found state’s of happiness where I was elated for a period of time, like when one month I made $28,000. But that state of happiness was a roller coaster ride, because the next two months, I made $3,000 and my happiness disappeared.

At that moment my heart was open and I felt a sensation inwards that I believe one cannot truly depict through relative words but only thru direct experience.

Thank you for allowing me to share this experience with you!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:22:45 PM by Jordan »
Live, Laugh, Love,
Jordan Siegel

francesco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 07:17:41 AM »
Hallo Olivia,

thank you to be so open and share with us your personal experience.

A very interesting definition of moral which actually give a sense to such an abstract word.

(people of the forum pls forgive my english, It is not my first language too)

On the base of your definition of spiritual "..other than just those relative to the supernatural phenomena..."
I would like to share some experience I had when I was a child. I Cannot remember exactly the age, maybe 6 years old.

I was laying on the bed in the room of my parents. I was sick with high temperature, 39-40. However I was conscious, body was painful, but my mind was fine, completely awake. I have started to listen voices. Deep voices. I cannot remember the words or the phrases. The voices (maybe one voice) was surrounded by something like echo....hard to explain with words.. voice was coming from everywhere... It was not pleasant. Contemporaneously I felt a strange smell. A smell does not exist in the world we know. I mean, I have travelled enough and I never felt something like that. I cannot completely evoke the smell in my mind, but It was pungent and It was .....how to say, everywhere and coming from nowhere. Sometimes I have the feeling I am near to evoke that smell by some experience, however never happened again.
In the same period, but not during my illness, I had many similar experiences before to fall asleep. I had visions of my father fighting and arguing with people... I mean, I could see with my eyes those events when I was laying in my bed. He was somewhere, far from the room, fighting and arguing ... I did not call those visions, I was six years old and I did not know what is spiritual or meditation or the word vision.
Other time from one side of my bed was coming out a thin and orrible hand... scaring me...
I think somebody could start to think I am mad, but I remember those things they were not in my mind, they were clear and terrible visions. I always screamt and call my mother. Obviously my parents brought me to the phsychiatric, but It seemed everything in my mind was ok... they have said I had only a strong immagination.

I do not know if my experience is properly related to the post, however I would like to say that those visions never came to me again...  and honestly, no matter if It was spiritual experience or anything else, but I am happy to not have such a terrible visions... I am so afraid sometimes to feel again that unpleasant smell..

what do I ask to myself is.. why such a thing? What is the meaning? I never found an answer to that..

thank you everybody for the attention.

Francesco

p.s. Jordan, may I ask you to teach me that "special spiritual exercise" to learn and get $28,000 per month? ..ahahahahahaha...  ;D

Olivia

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:19:09 PM by Olivia »

francesco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:25:01 AM »
Hi Olivia,

thank you for your words and especially frankness. I am really surprise to hear that many other persons (you wrote most of us... oooohh...) had such experiences. Amazing.
I am happy to be able to write things so open and not be considered like a mad guy :-) ...however, I am quite interesting why a child should have such a awful experiences. Maybe I will get the answers in your future posts.

I knew about Indonesian lady... It was a nice story I read on the web and touched me quite enough. At the same, made me think this : "would I be never able to get such a pure heart??..". Sometimes I talked to Vincent (Chu) about the spiritual cultivation and He told me.. It is difficult, there are so many temptations today. Somehow I agree and somehow not. What is a temptation? How can I recognize the bad thoughts? .. mmmm... maybe the answer is in your definition of moral.

Hope you have enojoyed your coast-to-coast :-)

bye bye...

rliang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 02:19:10 PM »

Raymond_Oh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 08:56:56 PM »
Happy practice to all!
Raymond Oh

Master Ou, PGSG, along with the book Path of Life, are full of timeless and grand wisdoms for us to learn and to practice.  We will be benefited for life even if we just take into ourselves a small fraction of them.

Olivia

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »
Hi Raymond,

It was nice meeting you! Thank you for your input!

Happy New Year!!!

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 06:13:05 AM »
Be modest and humble

irwinbluesky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »
Hello Olivia,

It has been 3 years since you wrote this. I want to thank you for opening your heart and personal experience to us. Reading your post helps me understand, at least intellectually, the essence of Pan Gu. Yours is the best testimonial I have read!

Irwin