Author Topic: Pangu group discussion  (Read 1073 times)

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
Pangu group discussion
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:09:31 PM »
Last month I had the opportunity to talk at the Hapachtchi Pangu monthly meeting that Pam has organized for the past year.  My routine does not allow for many evenings of "free time." but this was a delightful time. Thank you Pam for the invitation.  Since everybody there has some experience and understanding we were able to take a closer look at some of the things found in the new edition of Pangu Mystical Qigong.  Here they are fro your contemplation as well:
The three common names of our gong: 1) Pangu Mystical Qigong, 2) Pangu Shengong, 3) Qian Kun Ri Yue (Heaven and Earth, Sun and Moon qigong).  If you notice on Master Ou's "business cards" both names are indicated.  On the surface these are just names, but if you go deeper into the meanings of the words you can see that they carry profound meaning.  There are two principle aspects of this qigong: 1) absorb the essence (qi) and 2) take kindness and benevolence as basis...(page 68). But only by..."train yi (the mind) to lay foundation, gather qi (energy) to nurture the body..."(page 69). "Understanding is more important than doing the physical qigong practice" (page 96). 

Why is that? Because qi is matter and spirit, yi is spirit and matter, qi follows yi, yi is generated from heart/mind (xin) (page 110). This illustrates the importance of intention, as yi, the mind, directs the attention, For this reason a pure heart has a different mental attention than a cloudy one. Results of practice vary due to this act of attention.

When Master Ou was here in January, I mentioned that every time I had a small insight, that I realized how little I knew.  That, he said, was profound.  Humbly we go forward feeling for the soul within us, letting it manifest in our lives.  I believe as we do that all levels of healing benefits manifest in our lives.  This includes improved  physical health, positive social interactions, mental and emotional peace, and spiritual revelation.  In fact, it could be said that spiritual revelation is really the basis of all the other benefits.
Qifully, George

Pam

• View Profile
Re: Pangu group discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:06:30 AM »
Hey George,
You are more than welcome, ALL the students enjoyed your topic and your wonderful sense of humor. It was a grate meeting, I am just sorry that I was not the one to post it, of course you did a much better job explaining it than I would have and now everyone can benefit by you wonderful knowledge of pgsg. You are an awesome person and such a strong  student, I am so looking forward to the day when I can achieve that.
 Thank You George for all of your kindness and support.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:31:11 AM by Pam »
"Do one thing every day that makes you HAPPY!!!!"

Jiegang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:22:16 AM »
Dear George, thanks for the sharing of your thoughts, your insight “it could be said that spiritual revelation is really the basis of all the other benefits” echoes perfectly with the following quote from one of Master Ou’s articles -- Broad-mindedness Results In Greater Vitality and Healthy Long Living
“Mr. Ou states firmly that those who practice Pan Gu Shengong should be benevolent, friendly, and tolerant of people and things in order to take in more healthy material elements, more power and energy. Man's vitality, immunity-power will be strengthened and man's physiological functions will be automatically adjusted and health will be brought back to man as a result Broad-mindedness results in healthy air.” 
(http://www.pangu.org/english/article/qigong4.html)

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 09:34:44 AM »
I agree, of course, and I think the spiritual message needs to be brought more into focus.  Master Ou has many seemingly simple expresions, like "broad-mindedness" that can unfold a wealth of possibilities.

Just for the fun, here is where I am teaching this weekend in Ecuador.  I love practicing Pangu shengong here, there is a special connectedness to the earth energy on the equator.   Quito is exactly on the equator, in fact there is a snow covered volcano sitting right outside of the city on the 0 latitude.
 http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=-0.20282,-78.47934&ll=-0.20282,-78.47934&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

Qifully : )
Qifully, George