Author Topic: Embrace the Universe  (Read 3903 times)

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
Embrace the Universe
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »
Pan Gu, “an image”
    Here is an experience I want to share because it was so unexpected.  This took place about six months ago.  It was clearly inspired by Pan Gu Shengong, through the condensed form.  I imagine that all of you sometimes think about the conversations between Master Ou and Pan Gu.  Having done this many times, I began to ask myself just how I might envision Pan Gu.  After all, a being of such quality seems difficult to grasp, at least for me.  It puzzled me, and while you might think this amusing, I didn't want to imagine Pan Gu in an insulting way either.  Continuing to practice one evening, coming to the close of the form, a beautiful image just came to my awareness. 
    The image began as a male figure.  One senses immense size more in terms of power than anything relative to the figure, since he stood against a black background.  The face was colored, a mixture of golden and red, and had a shimmering quality.  As I studied the face, it did not appear solid, yet it definitely had form.  Imagine something made from solid light... The face was neither young nor old, and the eyes were closed.  The figure wore a white robe, the front of which had some gold symbols.  They were not clear enough to read, even if I could, but I remember them as circular, a bit like the old Chinese symbols.  I remember too that that one hand was raised and the other held a staff.  That would have been enough, but something more astounding happened.
    This image of this Pan Gu then seemed to begin to submerge.  It was as though he was floating on his back in a vast clear ocean.  Now gently and easily, the body, except for the face, became covered by this ocean.  The robe and hair floated and streamed out.  All this time the face was serene.  Again, that would be enough, but then a miracle seemed to take place.  Each thread of the robe and hair became galaxies.  This is a bit difficult to describe but the galaxies were both made from these threads and at the same time connected by them.  This Pan Gu appeared to be transforming into galaxies, yet his face continued to remain serene and alive.   In fact that was my final impression, that all this creation is still connected to its creator who is alive and aware of each thread of existence.  Since that experience, the phrase “Embrace the universe” has taken on a new significance.

Qifully, George

Beautifulice

• View Profile
Re: Embrace the Universe
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 12:17:18 AM »
Hi George,

Your vision of Pan Gu is very inspirational to me.  I think your experience demonstrated how Pan Gu created the universe, and it made me think of the following description in Pan Gu Mystical Qigong on page 52.  "The following vivid description can be found in the Five Yun Historical Record:  Pan Gu was born first.  When he was dying, his qi was transformed into the winds and clounds, ..., the hair of his head into stars and planets,..., and the sperm in his body was touched by the wind and was transformed into human beings." 

I agree with your understanding of "embrace the universe", and in this sense, we actually embrace Pan Gu and his love to us when we open our arms to embrace the universe during the moving form practice.  Maybe the more we embrace the universe, the more loving energy we will receive and the more we will be broad-minded. 

Let's practice more and dearly embrace the universe!

Beautifulice
Beautifulice

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 07:55:09 PM »
      Sometimes, when we embrace the universe, we realize that there are other emotions, such as sadness to be embraced as well as other situations that might not qualify as an expression of a pure state of love.  To embrace the universe must mean that we acknowledge all the possible emotions and events within us and without us.  In the Path of Life, there is one discussion between Pan Gu and Master Ou where the spirit is sobbing.  Master Ou even there was moved.  While love is the basis, you can read throughout the book of the many emotions expressed and  negative situations unfolding.  Act with emotion is a wise expression in this regard.  To bring harmony between Heaven, Earth and Mankind implies that it can be a fluxuating state of non-harmony. 
   How can we embrace negative events, such as accidents, with the knowledge that Pan Gu is managing the show?  How do we reconcile these views?  I believe it is a matter of perspective.  As it says in The Path of Life, humans have about 10% of their actions and fate, the balance is pretty much confined as destiny.  An accident appears to happen when an action or event we desire does not manifest.  This often leads to a feeling of frustration and anger.  Consider a glass of milk spilling at the dinner table.  Clearly we did not intend our elbow to hit it and knock it over.  Milk is running around everywhere now.  A close look however will reveal that the milk is behaving exactly as any fluid subject to motion and gravity should respond.  In other words, the laws of physics are fully in place even during an accident.
  There is perfection within an imperfect universe of events.  It is really only the perspective of the human dinner table order that has been disrupted. The milk flows according to fluid dynamics, the glass falls to the floor according to gravity, and the sound of it shattering arrives at our ears at exactly the speed of sound in air.  It’s a perfect event.  Now clearly there are events that are more tragic.  The death of a loved one for example can be very hard emotionally.  We are tempted to be upset with god, we ask how could such a person die of a disease?  We all come to terms differently, but even within death there is a perfection.  True, the house of a spirit that we loved and knew is gone, but the beauty of the sprit is reincarnation is perfect, although we might not see it.  There is a contemporary writer, Wayne Dyer who said, "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, rather spiritual beings having a human experience."  Changing perspective can make all the difference.  When I look from the perspective of spirit, I feel much more tolerance and peace, tranquility in the face of events. With the practice of Pan Gu Shengong forms, this point of view grows daily.

Qifully, George

Beautifulice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 10:02:38 PM »
    That is why we become more tolerent and peaceful by practicing Pan Gu Shengong and embracing the universe.  Thank you! 

We learn from the universe which is so boundless that it can let all positive things and negative things happen inside itself.  We shouldn't set personal boundaries to view or deal with all kinds of things no matter which are benificial or not benificial to us.  When we deal with surprises without being narrowminded, we usually can find a better way to handle them or achieve better result. 
Beautifulice