Author Topic: A Conversation between My Father and Me  (Read 2858 times)

Olivia

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Heaven Earth Humanity in Harmony
    • View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong
A Conversation between My Father and Me
« on: May 12, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »
Master Ou WenWei is my father. I feel so grateful to have such a great man as my father. I get a lot more chances than many other people to listen to his insightful talks.
My father has been having mystical experiences that most people cannot even imagine.  For the last thirty-four years he has been having conversations with a supernatural power who calls himself Pan Gu (in Chinese mythology, the creator of the universe).  The topics they talk about are rich and broad. The first three months of the coversation was written into Ou's first book "the Path of Life", which covers the information a lot more pround than I am going to share here. But I would still like to share with you some of our daily conversation, so that you might get a glimpse of "the Path of Life" and "Farewell, My Soul". Following is an excerpt of a conversation between my father and me that took place after I watched the movie on System Theory.

Excerpt of the Conversation
I asked: “According to physics, more than 90 percent of an atom is space and only less than 10 percent of an atom consists of units of matter: neutrons and protons in the center, and electrons surrounding on the edge.  If this discovery is true, then why do the material objects composed of these atoms, for example the chair I am sitting on, look so compact in structure?”
My father answered: “According to today’s science, our solar system consists of the sun, eight planets, five dwarf planets, 166 moons, and numerous celestial bodies; however, most of the area in between is just space.  Nevertheless, if we stand from far enough away to look at the solar system, wouldn’t it look like a compact material object?”
I said: “But…this chair not only looks compact, it also feels structurally sound.  It bears the weight of me!”
My father answered: “It is because throughout human history, people use only the ways that they are accustomed to, or the methods they are familiar with, to perceive and understand the world.”
I said: “In that case, what I see and feel are all illusions?”
My father answered: “You may understand it that way.  When human beings observe things, there is an issue concerning vision.  For example, the myopia and hypermetropia vision difference.  In other words, when people with different vision look at the same object from the same distance, they will get different results.  Some see it more clearly while to others it seems more blurry.  If the object is displaced farther away, beyond the scope of normal vision, it becomes vague, doesn’t it?  Take this antique chair, for example; we can clearly see the carved hollow patterns on the surface from this distance.  If we move it farther away, however, we won’t be able to see some of the space in between the patterns.  It becomes obscure to us.  This example links to some important concepts with the Fuzzy Logic theory.  Therefore, when observing or measuring something, it is important to recognize the scope and degree of accuracy.  When you apply your normal vision to observing a piece of wood, you won’t see any space in it, you perceive it as firm and smooth.  If, however, your vision is ten times or even 100 times better, you will find that this piece of wood is extremely rough with many holes in it.  What you can perceive depends on how accurate your vision is.  The same principle applies to the scientific tools we use for measurements.
“Let us use another example, a flash of light.  We can all see light from light bulbs.  When looking at a beam of light, the accuracy of our vision does not allow us to see light particles (photons) or light waves.  It is only through using special scientific tools or light detectors that we would be able to see light particles and waves, which make up what we know as light.  Actually, I feel a bit reluctant to say light is material.   Material should consist only of true material, such as combinations of electrons, protons, and neutrons, but a light wave is actually a form of space having no shape.  Within a beam of light, there are very few photons – the so-called cord of the light – occupying the surface area of light.  Instead, light is filled mainly with non-material and shapeless light waves.   However, we see it only as a beam of light, just like when I first said our solar system is a complete and compact structure.  The space between the sun and other celestial bodies also consists of light waves, there is a form of energy wave linking them together to form a complete structure.  That is the same with empty space and any material substance; it is the difference between our vision and our perception of accuracy that is in question.”
Seeing the confusion on my face, my father continued: “Let me tell you another example to help you understand it more easily.  Many years ago I worked as a welder.  One day, I stopped welding to drink the herbal tea prepared by your mother.  There were many bubbles on top of the tea.  When I put the cup next to my mouth and was about to drink it, I suddenly noticed many images of me reflected on those bubbles.  They were all my reflections; however, they appeared to be very strange or even ugly.  Were they me?  I was so unfamiliar with my own reflection!  On this particular question alone, I discussed with Pan Gu for several hours.  Light reflected from different angles and sides produced different images in various forms.  Images reflect different sides of a person, implying multiple characteristics of the human body; however, they do not necessarily reflect the truth.  Some are distorted.  How much do we know about our own appearance?  Other than being somewhat familiar with the front of our body, how much more do we know about our physical appearance?  Even with the front of your body, your real self and your reflection in the mirror are exactly the opposite in terms of the left and right sides. Reflection is a real existence; however, it is also illusory.  If the origin of the reflection perishes, the reflection will not exist anymore.”
“So illusion is a type of real existence!” I suddenly seemed enlightened, but felt unclear at the same time: “Wow, what a deep philosophy; I need more time to digest.”
Without giving me any feedback on my exclamation, he continued: “Reflection gave me a lot of inspiration, but the most important message is that we have only a limited and fragmented understanding of ourselves.  If we want to know more about ourselves, we should confront ourselves with a more objective, comprehensive, and holistic mindset.  We know so little about ourselves, let alone others, issues, the nature of matter, and the universe.  Do we still have any reason to be complacent and self-opinionated?  Many people, however, still consider themselves to be very knowing and refuse to learn with modesty.  There are many brilliant sayings in the Chinese language.  For example, the saying, ‘One leaf is enough to tell autumn’s arrival,’ embodies rich content.  How can we tell when autumn arrives based on a leaf?  Because when autumn comes, leaves change color according to the change of seasons.  This short phrase indicates how carefully ancient people observed nature.  However, some self-opinionated descendants like to criticize their ancestors’ wisdom with their shallow understanding.  They would say, ‘Some leaves turn yellow in the summer as well.  For example, in a few days after the leaf falls off, it will turn yellow and then decompose.  Can you say that autumn comes by looking at this leaf?  Thus, it can be seen that this saying is not meticulous and comprehensive.’  In fact, the opposite is true.  This saying implies that ancient people had taken all these different conditions into account.  Through cautious observation, they knew that there were fundamental differences between the yellow leaves caused by the change of the seasons and the yellow leaves caused by other conditions.  Moreover, they were able to distinguish the differences accurately.  Thus, they summed up their experiences and thought into this saying.”     
……
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:42:24 PM by Olivia »
Wish you well-being and happiness!

francesco

• View Profile
Re: A Conversation between My Father and Me
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 02:57:43 AM »
thank you Olivia to share with us such a interesting information, speeches..
I am happy the Pangu Forum is back!

looking forward to read the next conversation.

Warm regards
Francesco