Author Topic: How did the kindness get inherited and developed  (Read 2299 times)

Olivia

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Heaven Earth Humanity in Harmony
    • View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong
How did the kindness get inherited and developed
« on: May 12, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:48:57 PM by Olivia »
Wish you well-being and happiness!

Michael

• View Profile
Re: How did the kindness get inherited and developed
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 06:41:33 AM »
Thanks for telling those wonderful stories about your family. They're very meaningful and tell us important things about your father's background. I always wondered what kind of things might have influenced Master Ou to be benevolent when he was really young since it was unlikely that  growing up under Communism and then joining the army would have taught him. And considering that his parents had been separated from their families most of their lives and still taught their children so well is amazing. They must have had many, many hardships during those lean years in South China. I hope you will share more stories in the future.

Michael

Richard

• View Profile
Re: How did the kindness get inherited and developed
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:18:14 AM »

Olivia, thank you for sharing your father's growing up background! And your grandparents educated him well with their wording and behavior daily. They were great! Because parents are our life's first teachers. They play a very important and critical role in our lives! We can not imagine how hard the life for your father and the whole family. But they were able to handle it, and lived it through the day the hard times.

There is a small detail I want to tell you when I read your father's article " Wisdom comes from peace" (is it right name?) :  Master Ou had to walk a very long way to the school and lived in there until the weekend. One day, when he asked his mother for some money as his living fee for the whole week about rmb 2-3 yuan. But his mother had only rmb 0.2, and asked him if enough with her painful and hopeless eyes. Master tried not to tear, received the money and said: Enough." Because he prepaid to suffer hunger. And he had to pick up the extra vegetable leaf and potato that other people not needed, and boiled them with tree branch and leaves in his dorm. He usually had been in this life style during his middle schooling, for he didn't want his family to worry him, with his will power to suffer this.

As to this, my relative in Guangzhou, now is about 70, also PGSG student, often told me the hardship: it was normall to get hungry in that period, particularly during 1959-1961, starvation everywhere.
  Today, we young ones live in a high standard quality. Should we learn from our senior and value what we have?

Olivia, you are very lucky to have such a great father! While we are fortunate as well to meet Master Ou and his creating Qigong Pan Gu Shengong, and the newly healing music!
Be modest and humble