Author Topic: China Trip  (Read 3534 times)

Jason

• View Profile
China Trip
« on: September 25, 2009, 07:59:01 AM »
China Trip With Master Ou
Sept 4, 2009 – Sept 17, 2009

The thing that I am most struck by on the China adventure was the great peace and contentment that I felt at times on the trip.  Whether it was slowly drifting down a gentle river or listening to the sincere caring voices of Master Ou and his students singing.  Despite language barriers there was a feeling of being deeply connected with the other students on the bus…like an extended family.

The trip started out with training in Hong Kong.  The highlights for me included practicing the moving form with hundreds of other people on a soccer field every morning.  The power of a group practice just reinforces the interconnectedness that all of us share as human beings.  To be surrounded by so many kind and helpful people was a privilege.  In Master Ou’s lecture he mentioned that you can tell the nature of a person heart by looking at their face.  Seeing the smiling shining faces at the training it is easy to see that the result of sustained Pangu Shengong practice is a more loving heart.  The last hightlight was Master Ou’s concert.  His songs carry a peaceful and loving energy in them.  It was a wonderful way to start the trip and I could feel the increased healing energy working on my body and soul.

Dock outside the YMCA in Hong Kong where we did the training

The next stop for us was Nan Hai city near Master Ou’s hometown.  We spent a wonderful day on Mount Xigiao.  Master Ou talked about the Cantonese language.  He even recited the words “You are my sunshine my only sunshine” in Cantonese to demonstrate how poetic the language is.  We further explored sites on the mountain and could see many fish farms on the plains below the mountain.  We ate some cakes that the area is known for, drank water from a well, and slurped down some desert tofu.  Later that day Master Ou and Mandy sang a song amongst some lily pads.  Overall the mood was light and full of laughter.

Lily pads

Quan Yin statue on Mt Xigiao

Later we visited a Taoist temple and the hometown that Master Ou grew up in.  He told us that when he was a child that there was usually a shortage of food but that everyone was proud of their farming community.  Master Ou was saddened about what had become of his hometown with all the concrete and the air pollution in the area. 

Our next stop on our trip was Shaogun where we were greeted by over 300 of Master Ou’s students.  They enthusiastically clapped for us as we entered the conference facility.  Master Ou started out with a lecture and then sang with Mandy the song Lake Tahoe.  I could feel all the tension in my body melt away and was filled with peace as he transmitted his energy through his singing.  Afterwards some of Master Ou’s students told us about their healing experiences from serious diseases, some sang songs on the stage, and others performed dances in traditional costumes.  All in all it was a wonderful evening of food and entertainment.

The next day we visited Mt Danxia.  Between climbing the mountain and visiting ancient fertility sites it made for a full day.  Master Ou told us that some people used to visit the fertility sites hoping to have a boy for a child.  He told us that boys and girls are equally important and that it was selfish to just want to have a boy.

Steep climb up Mt Danxia

View from the top of Mt Danxia

The next day we visited Nanhua temple.  Master Ou told us that the 3 gaint gold Buddha’s represented the Buddha in the past, present, and future.  We admired a classical Chinese building at the back of the complex.  Master Ou explained how it was built to be in harmony with nature and that it blended in with the surroundings.  He told us that people now make the land fit the building by bulldozing the area but in the past the location dictate how the building was designed. 

Later we flew to Guillin and master Ou sang the song Ah Guilin & Yangshuo and we all admired the unique mountains that dotted the landscape.  Master Ou had lived in Guilin for a year and had fond memories but was saddened to see air pollution in such a beautiful location. 

We took a cruise on a river amongst the mountains on the way to Yangshuo.  Master Ou told us that a philosopher once said that Guilin was the most beautiful place in the world but Yangshuo was even more beautiful.  He also explained that the water was so clear because it was filtered through the limestone of the surrounding mountains. 

Boat Cruise to Yangshuo   

In Yangshuo we visited the Silver cave which was filled with amazing cystaline structures.  Master Ou mentioned that he wished the formations were better protected from oxidization from all the CO2 emitted from all the tourists breathing.  We ended the day with a famous show called the Impression of Liu Sanjie.  It was based on the local custom of the girls in the village singing to potential boyfriends across the river.  The mountains in the background were lit up making for a stunning backdrop to the show.  The show utilized beautiful singing, unique lighting, and rafts on the water to produce an entertaining spectacle. 

The next day we took a slow peaceful rafting trip amongst the mountains on a small river.  I could feel the peacefulness of the surroundings permeate my body.  At times we would stop our rafts and sing songs together.  Half way on the trip we stopped at a farm for lunch.  The setting was magnificent with the open rice fields surrounded by the steep mountains of the area.

Our next stop on the trip was a flight to Haikou Hainan.  We were given gifts of drinks, fruit, and coconut candies by the local students.  As we enjoyed the Mangos and other fruit Master Ou explained that the students in Hainan had a real passion for Pangu Shengong.  Even though the students in the area did not have a lot of money they gladly gave us gifts.  This knowledge caused me to appreciate the fruit even further.

Later we all sang at a Karaoke bar.  There were many laughs including Master Ou marching around like a Chinese soldier or the whole dance floor getting down to Michael Jackson.  What I was most struck by was how sincerely Master Ou sang the songs.  There was a sweetness and purity to the singing.

The next day we had lunch with hundreds of the Hainan students.  I could feel Master Ou transmitting energy to everyone in the room.  After singing songs and eating lunch we saw some beautiful dancing and colorful costumes.  All in all we left feeling warmly accepted and could feel the passion of the people.

Students from Haikou

Later we drove to Sanya and Master Ou asked us if we could sense that we had entered a new temporate zone despite being on an air conditioned bus.  He told us the more that we ate the local food that the more connected to the land we would be and be more sensitive to changes.

The last few days of the trip included walks on the beach near Sanya and visiting Wuzhizhou Island.  I especially loved being in the clear water of the South China Sea enjoying the waves with the other students on the trip.  During one festive dinner in Sanya we convinced the waitresses to sing songs with us. 

Enjoying the beach in Sanya

Singing  "I love you, Hainan" with the waitresses

In the end I was sad to leave such a wonderful group of people but at the same time I was delighted with how much deeper my Pangu Shengong practice had become after spending 2 weeks with Master Ou.  I realize that the Pangu Shengong just gets deeper as one practices and that there is really no end to the growth that it offers.  I am grateful to Master Ou for his compassion and for all the help he has provided me.  I would also like to thank Olivia and Ms. Yang for helping set me up on the trip.  Also Jessica and Vincent were invaluable in their English translations.  Finally, I would like to thank everyone on the tour for making the trip such a memorable experience.

rliang

• View Profile
Re: China Trip
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 11:02:24 AM »
Hi Jason,

Thanks you so much for your recount of the China trip with Master Ou, Mandy, and follow PGSG students.  I was reading something very negative and your recount of the rip came in at a good time to lighten my heart.  Your sincerely appreciation for Master Ou and local students almost brought tears to my eyes, it really warms up my heart.  I believe I know how you are feeling! 

When our kids are older, I would really like to take our whole family along to join Master Ou on such a trip....we just have to wait a few more years :D.

Thanks very much again!
Rachel

Saber

• Embrace the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 06:45:22 AM »
Hi Jason,
Thanks for posting the trip log, photos, and reflections. What a wonderful opportunity to see the best of another culture.  Of course the best part was the contentment you felt with Master Ou and all the other PanGu students.  Susy and I experienced that in Mexico too.
Many thanks,
George
Qifully, George

Karel

• View Profile
    • Pangu Shengong Czech website
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 06:27:14 AM »
Hi Jason,
thank you for your view of this beautiful trip. It was great to meet you and spend a few days with you.
I have the same experience my Pan Gu Shengong practice is getting deeper as well after each China trip.
And I have to add it was amazing how fast you managed singing Master Ou's songs.
See you soon in China or whereever.
Karel

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 07:45:55 AM »
Hi Karel,

It was a priviledge to have met you.  You are also a good singer and dancer as demonstrated at the Karaoke bar.  Best of luck with your practices.

Jason

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 03:13:55 AM »
Hi Jason,

Thank you for your experience with Master Ou and Mandy and other students to China, and the nice photos as well : )

I hope I can go along the whole trip with Master and other students one day! Because it's not just a trip to view the beauty and greatness of China (Actually, I just have been to Shanghai and Hangzhou, but not for travelling, a pity), but a good opportunity to learn what Master says and behaves, while exchanging ideas to other students.

Therefore, it deserves us a take a tour! Anyway, nice to meet you in Hong Kong training camp though we didn't talk a lot.

Richard (Shenzhen)
Be modest and humble

Beautifulice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 12:29:22 AM »
Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for sharing the rest of your trip.    It was so amazingly beautiful and inspirational!  I wish I were there too.  I agree with you that it was truly a privilege to be surrounded by so many great Pan Gu students.  I learned a lot from them for they were so kind, happy, hardworking, and friendly!  I love our big Pan Gu family  :D

I had a lot of fun singing with you and Karel and other friends in the trip!  I look forward to having a reunion soon!!
Beautifulice